The purpose of this blog is to document the rediscovery of my love of Minnesota, all things Scandinavian and to show other people just how freakin' cool Minnesota is...the pun is intended. Minnesota humor is all about puns. I have been out of MN since 2002. I went to college at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (proud to say I'm a Blugold!) and immediately after graduation I moved to Lake Placid, NY. In Lake Placid I had the amazing opportunity to work with Olympic athletes at the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA). ORDA runs the Olympic venues from the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. Please support our Olympic athletes and their goals! These athletes will amaze you with their talents and dedication to representing the US. I was able to work alongside the United States Bobsled, Skeleton, Luge, Hockey and Ski (all disciplines) teams. I'm making the move back home to be with family because the small town life is not for me.
Okay so back to the important stuff....
So it can easily be said that I haven't been home for awhile and I need to rediscover this fair Scandinavian state...which goes along with my fair Scandinavian skin color. I don't tan I turn pink. Like the color of grilled salmon. Go Norwegians! I already have a list of places I want to go visit, eat at, walk around, take photos of and most importantly...enjoy. For example: SUPER pumped for the MN state fair, walking around Uptown, going to the museums and eating exotic food. Lake Placid is a really small town (the size of my High School) and so I've been missing and CRAVING the city lifestyle. This blog will document my adventure but I also hope that it will inspire readers to explore MN and fall in love or back in love with a state that has so much to offer. Seriously look at the scientific data and you'll see that MN is a happy and healthy state.
When I made the decision to move home I started making a list of all the things I want to experience for the first time and not so first time. Here are just 30 items out of my list of things I want to do:
1. Eat at Snuffy's Malt Shop- the Minnetonka one....and then the other ones
2. Caribou Coffee
3. SUPER Target! I heart you Tar-get boutique or what I also like to call Tar-get OLE!
4. Walker Art Museum*
5. Science Museum of Minnesota
6. A play at the Guthrie
7. A play at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre*
8. A play at the Old Log Cabin
9. ComedySportz!! I heart ComedySportz! I would love to be a team player...hint hint...wink wink. I'm funny...just ask my friends.
10. Eat a meal at a Vietnamese restaurant*
11. Eat a meal at a Lebanese restaurant/deli*
12. Eat a meal at a Minnesota fusion food restaurant*
13. Go to the Sculpture Garden*
14. reacquaint myself with Downtown MPLS
15. ride the lightrail*
16. Lion's Tap*
17. go to the places Man vs. Food went on his Minnesota episode*
18. Minneapolis Farmer's Market....and any other local farmer's market
19. aaahhhh....Minnesota GARAGE SALES
20. Twins game
21. Vikings game*
22. Minnesota Wild game*
23. St. Paul Saints game
24. Timberwolves game
25. U of M football game*
26. U of M volleyball game
27. U of M men's and women's hockey game
28. U of M men's and women's swim meet*
29. Women's roller derby*
30. Join a curling club*...it is a cool sport....haha another pun
* activities I never did when I was living in Minnesota before
So that's a list for now but there is plenty more I want to do. Day one in Minnesota begins on Monday August 4th. I hope you have has much fun reading this as I have experiencing it.
Ta Ta for now....
I heart MN